Saturday, January 30, 2010

How to Make a Healthier Easier Basil Oregano Spaghetti Dinner Quickly | eHow.com



Saturday night is pasta night in my house. Pasta is so easy and quick to make. I like to make my own sauce. I suppose you could just buy a jar of Ragu or Barilla but then you wouldn't have the satisfaction of saying that you made your own sauce. I suggest you use whole-wheat pasta; it's just healthier (more fiber). The recipe calls for fresh basil, but if you do not have fresh basil, use dried basil. I like to keep a package of frozen basil in my freezer. It lasts a long time and it is already pre-measured for you. Trader Joe's offers a great frozen basil product. Trader Joe's also offers frozen garlic that is already pre-measured. If you are not a fan of turkey meat, feel free to substitute for a lean ground beef or even pork.
How to Make a Healthier Easier Basil Oregano Spaghetti Dinner Quickly | eHow.com

Bookmark and Share


No comments: