Monday, February 21, 2011

Medicinal Hot Toddy Recipe


My office has been plagued by the most awful flu/cold this year. This week it has been my turn to deal with this malady. A good friend recommended I make myself a hot toddy. Initially I did not know how to make one. I asked my friends on facebook if they new of a good recipe. One person replied. I liked her recipe but I felt it needed more. So I made my own modifications and additions. Here is what I came up with. It helped me sleep all night long and I honestly felt better the next morning. I hope it helps you too.


First make the tea....


1 cup of water

2 slices of fresh ginger slices

1 lemon wedge

1 stick of cinnamon bark


Place the all the ingredients in a small saucepan bring to a boil. You will know it's ready when you smell the cinnamon, ginger, and lemon coming from the saucepan.


Now to put the hot toddy together.


1 shot of bourbon or whiskey

1-2 tablespoons of honey

1/2 cup of the tea you just made


Place the strained tea, honey and bourbon in a mug. Stir well and enjoy.


I like to put honey in the leftover tea and enjoy as a wonderfully medicinal chaser to the hot toddy.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: